Save Time and Money on Books with Amazon Kindle Deals
In today’s digital age, it’s always surprised me how much money people spend on actual physical books. While I also get a good feeling of nostalgia when turning pages on a nice, heavy book, I prefer a convenience and savings that come with electronic books, or eBooks. That’s why I stopped buying physical books completely several years ago, and now use Kindle eBooks that I download from Amazon Kindle Store. This post will show various way to find the best Amazon Kindle deals on books.
So what are the advantages of Kindle eBooks?
1. Speed. If you want to buy a book at the store, you actually have to physically drive there and pick up a book you want. You can buy it online, but then you have to wait several days while it arrives. If you download a Kindle book, you can get it instantly on your computer or mobile device.
2. Convenience. You don’t need to purchase a dedicated Kindle reader to read kindle books. You can download kindle software for pretty much any device you own, whether it’s a Windows, iOS or Android based device. For example, an Ipad owners can download free Kindle Reader for Ipad here. If you own several different devices, the downloaded Kindle books can be shared among all your gadgets. That allows you to read eBooks on an Ipad, Kindle, laptop or whatever other device you own… Just as a side note. While I’m die-heart iOS guy myself, if you are on a market for an inexpensive, reliable tablet, you can do a lot worse than Kindle Fire for $199. My dad and my grandparents own Kindle Fire and they are very happy with Kindle Fire tablet.
3. Price. While there are exceptions, Kindle books cost less than their physical counterparts, especially if you are buying a hardcover book instead of a paperback. Here’s an example:
I recently was looking to purchase MockingJay by Suzanne Collins, which is the last book of Hunger Games trilogy. Amazon Kindle version of the MockingJay is selling right now for $5.99 at Amazon Kindle store. That’s a pretty good deal, considering that MockingJay Hard Cover bookcosts $9.92, excluding any shipping charges. $9.92 is much better than $17.99 list price that you would pay in an airport or a random newsstand for the last book of Hunger Games, but it still 40% higher than the Kindle version.
So you finally decided to switch to eBooks and have a Kindle-enabled device ready to go. The question now becomes is where to look to get the best Amazon Kindle deals and save the most money on Kindle books. Here are a couple of places on Amazon you might want to look at first:
- Amazon’s Free Books List – the easiest way to save money on Kindle books is to download them for free. Amazon offers extensive library of free book downloads. You can find a lot of them by following a link above and looking at “Top 100 Free Books” section. Alternatively, you can just search Amazon for free Kindle books. Most of those books are older-generation books such as Robinson Crusoe, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, or The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. It’s hard to argue with their price, however. Pretty much any 19th century or older book can be downloaded for free on Amazon Kindle, which is a great (and free) way to enjoy all the timeless classics.
- Kindle Daily Deal – every day Amazon discounts one new book up to 80% off, which is easily the best Kindle deal you can find that day. Obviously, not all the books you see would be the ones you are looking for to buy. However, if you check the page daily, I’m sure you can find a Kindle deal you are interested in and save a lot of money in the process.
- Amazon Kindle’s “The Big Deal” Page – this is the list of Amazon Kindle books that are currently on sale and are priced at $3.99 or less. Most of them are actually just $1.99 or $0.99 so you can score a lot of nice Kindle deals and save a ton of money by browsing through this section.
As you can see, there are a lot of great Kindle book that can be had for a very small price, or even no price at all. You just need to know where to look. Some of these tips can also be applied to shopping on Amazon in general and not just finding Kindle deals. For how to find the best deals on Amazon and save money in the process, see my recent article Where to Look for the Best Amazon Deals, Savings and Coupons. Also, and I can’t emphasize it enough, if you are a frequent Amazon shopper, make sure to sign up for their Amazon Visa Rewards Card. You can get $30 off on your first purchase instantly, as well as 3% cash back on all your Amazon purchases. That’s like having an instant 3% off Amazon coupon on everything you buy. To read more about Amazon Rewards Card as well as my review of other rewards cards and cash back programs, check out my older post Saving Money by Using Cash Back Rewards Sites and Credit Card Rewards.